First thing first, what is a deep-dish pizza? It’s simply a type of pizza that is thick and chock full of cheese, toppings, and other such delicious delicacies! Aside from that, it’s a great cheat-day meal to have all by yourself. The best part about eating a pizza like this is that the cheese and meats in eat ooze out with every bit leaving an explosion of flavor in your mouth. The best part about all of this is that it’s super easy to store away to eat for another day. The only thing you might want to do before reheating it is properly storing it. Aside from that, ensure that you follow the steps in this guide carefully. If you do all of this properly, believe me when I say your left with an extraordinary delicacy.
Also, keep in mind that whenever you store your pizza away you might need to store it in separate containers. Most slices are normally too big for small airtight containers, so try not to overlap them. In case you do, expect some extra soggy slices.
Can you eat a deep-dish pizza the next day?
Of course, you can! As long as you store it away properly and ensure that you keep it in a dry space away from direct sunlight. Thereafter I would normally make sure that I leave whatever toppings I had on my pizza in another container. This prevents them from losing their flavor and mixing in with the pizza’s moisture! Conclusively, I’m left with an extra crispy and tasty leftover pizza!
Although, I do sometimes realize that the flavor isn’t as inviting as the day before. To make up for this I would normally top my pizza off with a helping of pineapple slices or some mayo and tomato sauce. As weird as it is, it makes the flavor exponentially better! Then again not everyone likes it. Anyways, make sure you store your pizza away properly and reheat it similarly as well.
Is it safe to reheat deep-dish pizza?
That depends on how you’ve stored your pizza. In case you left it out in the open for too long it may have gone bad, making it unsafe to eat. Aside from that if you don’t let your pizza cool to room temperature, it’ll be a very soggy pizza the moment you reheat it. This is due to all the moisture being released in the container and absorbed again by the pizza.
Furthermore, ensure that you keep any toppings your pizza came within another container so that they stay fresh. This normally works for me, especially when I keep my tomatoes and sausages apart. Anyway, simply follow this guide to ensure that your pizza is safe to eat the next day.
Before jump in to the methods, I suggest you to read complete guide on how to reheat papa john’s pizza.
How to reheat deep-dish pizza in an oven?
Now this is one of the most ideal ways to reheat your pizza. Not only are you evenly heating your pizza from all ends but you’re also making it extra crunchy and puffy! Aside from that, the cheese that way on your pizza would’ve melted into the crust to make it extra gooey. Anyways, just follow these steps to get the best results:
- First preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Thereafter leave your deep-dish pizza, out of the freezer, to thaw for at least 15 minutes.
- Proceed to place your pizza onto an oven-safe tray and then cover it with a sheet of foil.
- Place your pizza into the oven and leave it in there for 10-15 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- As soon as you feel that your pizza is finished, proceed to cut it into slices. Then serve it fresh and enjoy!
Here’s a small tip to bring life back to your reheated pizza. Simply add a bit of Tabasco sauce mixed with mayo to your pizza. Just make sure you save enough for anybody else you’re with.
If you are truly enthusiast about one of the famous little caesar’s pizza, I suggest you to read complete guide on reheating little caesar’s pizza.
How to reheat deep-dish pizza in an air fryer?
Although I wouldn’t do this myself, it’s a very peculiar way of reheating your pizza. Some of the downsides of reheating your pizza in an air fryer are that you may not have enough space to fit a whole pizza. Due to this, you might have to reheat each slice separately. Aside from taking more time to cook your pizza, it’s a great way to remove all the oils in your pizza. Just follow these steps, carefully to get the best results:
- Proceed to preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Thereafter place your slices into the air frying basket carefully, ensuring that you don’t overlap slices.
- Leave them to heat for 3-4 minutes. In case it isn’t hot enough, you can leave it in there for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Once you feel that your pizza is hot and ready, simply take it out of the heater and leave it to cool. Serve with a helping of any sauce you desire.
In case you feel that your pizza isn’t very appetizing, just eat with a side of potato wedges and a large glass of any fizzy drink you want! I normally pick Sprite since it always does the trick for me.
How to reheat deep-dish pizza in a toaster oven?
It’s pretty simple since most of the steps are the same as reheating a pizza in a regular oven. However, the size of a toaster oven is considerably smaller than a regular oven. So, you may need to split the pizza in half before putting it in. Anyways, just follow these steps for the best results:
- First, preheat your toaster oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Proceed to place your pizza onto an oven-safe tray over a baking sheet.
- Then cover your pizza with a sheet of foil to prevent the moisture from leaving.
- In case your crust is too crispy, just drizzle some olive oil onto it. This makes it softer.
- Thereafter leave your pizza to cook for around 8-10 minutes. Occasionally check on your pizza to ensure that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Once your pizza is done, take it out of the oven and Leave it to cool for a minute or two.
If you’re feeling adventurous, go ahead and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese onto your pizza. This melts into your crust making your pizza a gooey delight.
How to reheat deep-dish pizza in a skillet?
I feel as if this is one of the best ways to get a crispy texture on your pizza. The best part is that you can control the level of crunchiness on your pizza with a skillet. Just follow these steps to get the most ideal results:
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat. Ensure that your skillet is big enough for a pizza or else you may need to heat each slice individually.
- Once you feel that the skillet is warm enough, place your pizza over it.
- Cover your skillet with a lid and leave it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Occasionally open the lid to see if the crust is done and the cheese is melted.
- In case it isn’t hot enough, you may leave the pizza in there for another minute or so.
- Finally, take your pizza out using a spatula and serve it fresh.
Here’s a small tip, try not to overcrowd your skillet, or else it might end up burning some of the pizza. Try using a skillet that is bigger than a single slice of the pizza, or better yet, bigger than the entire pizza itself.
One more thing, if you are truly enthusiast about papa murphy’s pizza, I suggest you to read complete guide on reheating papa murphy’s pizza.
How to reheat deep-dish pizza in a microwave?
This is the quickest and easiest way to reheat your pizza. With the click of a few buttons your pizza is done and ready to be eaten! This method is ideal for all you soggy crust lovers. However, the flavor may not be as inviting as before since it was only reheated in a microwave. Anyways, follow these steps to safely reheat your pizza in a microwave:
- First place your pizza on a microwave-safe tray and then cover it with a damp paper towel. This keeps your pizza from drying out.
- Proceed to leave your microwave on high power for 30 seconds to a minute per slice.
- Thereafter, in case your pizza isn’t heated enough, you can leave it in there for an additional 10-20 seconds.
- Finally, the moment your pizza is done, take it out and leave it to cool for a minute or so. Thereafter serve and enjoy!
Average Time and Temperature for Preheating Deep-dish Pizza
|Oven||375°F (190°C)||10-15 minutes|
|Air Fryer||350°F (175°C)||3-4 minutes|
|Toaster oven||350°F (175°C).||8-10 minutes|
|Skillet||Medium heat||2-3 minutes|
|Microwave||High Power||30 seconds to 1 minute|
How to store deep-dish pizza for reheating?
It’s quite easy, just ensure that you follow these steps:
- First, let your pizza cool down to room temperature before you store it.
- Store your pizza in an air-tight container away from direct sunlight.
- Proceed to store your pizza in a refrigerator for 2-3 days and in a freezer for up to 2-3 months.
How to keep your deep-dish pizza from getting soggy?
The steps you need to follow are similar to the steps in storing your pizza away to reheat. Simply ensure that you don’t leave your pizza in an airtight container without letting it cool to room temperature first. Thereafter always preheat your oven before you heat your pizza in it. Thereafter use a damp towel or a sheet of foil to cover your pizza such that the moisture doesn’t escape from the pizza. Finally, ensure that you follow all the steps for the methods mentioned before to properly reheat your pizza.
What is the best way to reheat your deep-dish pizza?
Honestly, I feel as if using an oven is the best option since the pizza is not only evenly heated but the crispiness is also brought back. Aside from the crispiness the cheese melts into the crust perfectly leading to a spectacular pizza!