We all love to eat General Tso’s chicken. Everyone adores this luxurious food. A meal can be completed with just gravy and General Tso’s chicken. It’s just the right amount of sweet and spicy. But the question is, have you ever come across a situation where you could not finish all your General Tso’s chicken? Perhaps because you have too much food to finish and a small stomach. On such an occasion, what will you do with the rest of your tso’s chicken? Will you be throwing it all away?
If you also used to do this, you do not have to do it anymore. Because today we’ll show you how to reheat leftovers tso chicken and enjoy it later. This way, you will not be wasting at least a bit of your favorite chicken. That is why we want to tell you how to warm up General Tso’s chicken.
According to my past experience, if you store your leftover tso chicken properly and reheat the leftover tso chicken properly, you can enjoy them better than when you bought or made them. because a proper reheat can actually elevate your food more than you imagine. So let’s see what you need to do when reheating general tso chicken and how to reheat leftover general tso chicken.
|Air fryer||350F||5-8 minutes|
|Stove||High heat||4-5 minutes|
|Microwave||High heat||3 minutes|
Can You Eat A General Tso Chicken The Next Day?
Of course, you can eat General Tso’s chicken the next day. Tso’s chicken can also be eaten after two days. But you have to follow the correct storage and reheating procedures before eating them later. Otherwise, your stomach can go bad. But do not worry. We will be telling you how to reheat General Tso’s chicken. Therefore, you do not have to worry about having a bad stomach after eating your leftover General Tso’s chicken.
Is It Safe To Reheat General Tso Chicken?
It is definitely okay to reheat General Tso’s chicken. However, as previously stated, you must follow the correct procedure and steps in order to reheat your leftover General Tso’s chicken. If you have never reheated General Tso’s chicken, do not worry. We will be explaining everything to you step by step. After today, you will also know how to reheat General Tso’s chicken without making any mistakes.
Before jump in to the methods, I suggest you to read complete guide on how to reheat chicken tenders.
How to Reheat General Tso’s Chicken in Oven
The oven is a great tool to reheat leftover food and it is also the best way to reheat Chinese food to keep it longer. We usually use the oven to cook and bake our food. But you will use the oven to reheat food regularly from today on once you realize how perfectly an oven can reheat food. As a result, your oven is ideal for reheating leftover general tso’s chicken. The oven gives your General Tso’s chicken an even, firm reheat. Let’s look at how to properly reheat General Tso’s chicken in the oven. What you need to know about reheating General Tso’s Crispy Chicken
- Before using the oven, preheating your oven is really important; otherwise, your chicken will take longer to reheat and the chicken could also get soggy. Therefore, let your oven preheat to 350 F.
- Then take a baking sheet. Take your chicken pieces and lay them on your baking sheet.
- Take some foil papers next. Cover all the chicken pieces with the foil papers you have.
- You can heat your tso’s chicken pieces for about 10–15 minutes. This time should be enough to heat them properly.
- Once they are hot throughout, take your tso chicken pieces out of the oven and enjoy your reheated tso chicken while they are still hot.
How to Reheat General Tso’s Chicken in an Air Fryer?
The air fryer is another modern piece of equipment that we all love. It is multitasking, versatile equipment that we can use to cook and bake our food very quickly and easily. As a result, you can use the air fryer to reheat your General Tso’s chicken. From my past experience, an air fryer is really user-friendly and effective in making your kitchen chores easier. Thus, it is really convenient for you to use the air fryer to reheat your favorite leftover tso’s chicken.
So, without further ado, here’s how to reheat general tso’s chicken in an air fryer.
- Take your chicken pieces and put them in the air fryer basket.
- Turn the temperature of your air fryer to 350 °F. This temperature should be sufficient to properly reheat all of your leftover General Tso’s chicken pieces.
- Reheat your chicken pieces for about 5-8 minutes. You can flip your chicken pieces after the 4th minute to heat both sides of the chicken properly if you need to.
- Take the chicken pieces out when they are done. Eat reheated General Tso’s chicken while it is still hot.
How Do I Reheat General Tso’s Chicken On The Stove?
In case you do not have a microwave or an oven with you, do not worry. You can still use your stove to reheat your General Tso’s chicken. In my opinion, the stove is equally as good as the oven. The stove reheats leftover food perfectly without causing any issues. But you need to follow the correct steps and procedures while reheating food on the stove. And you need to follow the correct timing, too.
Otherwise, you might overcook your food or burn it. Therefore, go through the steps given below and remember to follow each and every step accordingly when reheating your leftover General Tso’s chicken.
- Firstly, you need to take a pan and place it on your stovetop.
- Then add some oil to your pan and heat it at a high temperature.
- Add your leftover General Tso’s chicken to the pan.
- Warm the General Tso’s chicken for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can also add some extra vegetables and sauces to elevate the flavor.
- Take the pan off the stove when your leftover chicken is heated through.
- Enjoy your reheated, steaming General Tso’s chicken.
One more thing, if you are truly enthusiast about orange chicken, I suggest you to read complete guide on reheating orange chicken.
How Do I Reheat General Tso’s Chicken In The Microwave?
Another excellent piece of equipment for reheating leftover food is the microwave. Also, the microwave is capable of reheating your food perfectly until it reaches the freshness of just-prepared food. As a result, the microwave is ideal for reheating leftover General Tso’s chicken. It thoroughly reheats Tso’s chicken to perfection.
Reheating General Tso’s chicken in the microwave is quick and simple. So, without further delay, let’s see how to reheat General Tso’s chicken in the microwave.
- First, you need to put your remaining General Tso’s chicken on a plate that is safe to put in the microwave.
- To prevent your tso’s chicken from burning or overcooking, cover your plate with foil.
- Then, for about 3 minutes, reheat your leftover general tso’s chicken on high heat.
- Remove your leftover general tso’s chicken from the microwave and serve immediately.
How to Store General Tso Chicken For The Purpose Of Reheating?
If you have more General TSO’s chicken than you can eat in one sitting, save the rest for another time. But you can’t just leave it out in the open for a day. For that, you need to store your leftover chicken in the refrigerator. You can store leftover Tso’s chicken in boxes in the refrigerator. This way, you can easily reheat your chicken the next day. They will not have a bad taste if kept in the refrigerator for a day or two.
How Do You Keep General Tso Chicken From Getting Soggy?
Food becoming soggy after reheating is a common issue that we face. This happens because of some mistakes that we make when storing our leftover food and also because of some mistakes that we make while reheating our leftover food. In order to keep your leftover food from getting soggy, there are a few tips that you can follow.
I also used to worry about this issue before I knew how to reheat food without it getting soggy. We’ll show you how to keep General Tso’s chicken from getting soggy in this section. From my past experience, I have discovered all the tricks I need to follow to keep General Tso’s chicken from getting soggy.
The first thing you need to remember is that you need to use airtight containers when you keep your leftover chicken in the refrigerator. This way, you can store them for a day or two without worrying. Also, the chicken pieces will not get soggy once you reheat them. Remember this tip the next time you reheat leftover General Tso’s chicken.
Before jump in to the next section, I suggest you to read complete guide on how to reheat chicken pot pie.
What Is The Best Way To Warm Up General Tso Chicken?
The oven is the best way to reheat your General Tso’s chicken. The oven is capable of giving your food an even, firm reheat. When you reheat the food in the oven, it always turns out delicious. Reheating leftover Tso’s chicken in the oven is also quick and simple. Therefore, I personally recommend that you use the oven to reheat your leftover chicken.
But if you need a much quicker method, then I recommend that you use the air fryer. The air fryer reheats leftover General Tso’s chicken faster than the oven. As a result, if you’re in a hurry, you should probably reheat your General Tso’s chicken in the air fryer.