So, what is funnel cake? It’s a tasty fried dessert that’s made by pouring batter into a funnel and then frying it in hot oil. The golden-brown cake simply melts with each bite into it! It’s a great treat whenever you’re having tea or a small snack for yourself. Normally, I would dab my cake with a lot of icing to make it both look nice and leave a sweet aftertaste. Aside from that I would top it off with candied fruits that increase its flavor exponentially. Here’s a small tip, whenever you’re storing your funnel cake, make sure you separate it from whatever toppings it had. This makes your cake less soggy and fluffier.
When it comes to reheating your funnel cake, not only are you saving money on buying another one. Instead, you’re also saving yourself an amazing treat for another occasion! However, keep in mind that the flavor may not be as inviting as before. This is probably because you’ve stored it away overnight or for a while. This slices off bits of its flavor. So, in case you wanted to bring life back to your cake, simply add toppings! Now then, follow this guide if you want to learn more about how you can reheat your funnel cake.
Can You Eat Day-Old Funnel Cake?
That depends on how well you’ve stored your cake away. It may be such that you may have left it out in the open for too long. Or you may have even stored it incorrectly. This normally leads to your funnel cake being soggy and yucky. To properly store your funnel cake, make sure you let it cool to room temperature before storing it. Thereafter ensure that you leave it in an airtight container, in a dry space in your fridge. If you do all of this properly, you could store your funnel cake for up to 3-4 days in a refrigerator! Simply follow this guide to learn how to safely eat your day-old funnel cake.
Is Funnel Cake Good Reheated?
On some occasions, your funnel cake may be a little too soggy and wet. This no longer gives it a crispy crunch, instead, it gives more of a sloppy bite. Not to mention that the taste may not be as inviting as before. However, if you properly reheat and store your funnel cake, it leads to a great dessert! Aside from that it can make up for an extraordinary snack too. Just ensure that you serve your funnel cake fresh and hot to get the best results.
Before jump in to the methods, I suggest you to read complete guide on how to reheat cinnamon rolls.
How To Reheat Funnel Cake In An Air Fryer?
I think that this is one of the easiest ways to reheat your funnel cake. Not only does it require little to no effort, but it also takes a little amount of time to reheat. However, it does dry your funnel cake a lot. Most of the oils that used to be in it ooze out and onto the tray below. Aside from that the cake loses some of its fluffy texture too. However, if you follow the proper guidelines, you can get some extraordinary results. Just follow these simple steps:
- First, preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Proceed to place your funnel cake onto the frying basket.
- Leave your cake to heat for 2-3 minutes until you feel that it’s warm and crispy enough.
- Thereafter, check on your funnel cake occasionally to ensure that it isn’t burnt. Once you feel that your funnel cake is done, take it out.
- Serve it warm with icing and enjoy!
In case your funnel cake isn’t sweet enough, just add some toppings to it. Normally, I would put candied fruits onto my cake to give it an extraordinary boost of flavor.
How To Reheat Funnel Cake In A Microwave?
One of the simplest ways of reheating your funnel cake includes microwaving it. With the click of a couple of buttons and waiting for a couple of minutes, your funnel cake is done reheating. However, keep in mind that the taste may not be as inviting as before. Not to mention that you may not get the same crispy texture as before too. This is likely because microwaves simply reheat your cake instead of giving it a complete makeover. All issues aside though, it’s a quick and easy way of reheating your funnel cakes for whenever you’re in a rush. Or too lazy, like me. Just follow these guidelines to get the best results:
- Firstly, place your funnel cake onto a microwave-safe dish.
- Proceed to cover your funnel cake with a damp paper towel. This prevents it from drying out by keeping the moisture in.
- Thereafter, leave your cake to heat on high power for 15-30 seconds.
- In case your cake isn’t hot enough, leave it in there for another 5 seconds.
- Once you’re done reheating your funnel cake, take it out and leave it to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Try adding some icing to your funnel cake to spruce its flavor a bit. This makes it a lot tastier.
How To Reheat Funnel Cake On A Stovetop?
Now this, in my opinion, is one of the more challenging ways of reheating your funnel cake. There’s a strong chance that you may burn your funnel cake. As a result of this, it becomes inedible. Aside from overcooking it, you may even undercook it! Believe me when I say this because I’m speaking with experience. However, if you follow the proper steps and conditions to reheat your cake on a stove, you can get some amazing results. This includes a crispy texture with the perfect amount of fluffiness! Just follow these guidelines to get the best results:
- Preheat a non-stick pan over your stove at medium heat.
- Place your funnel cake onto the pan and leave it to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip your funnel cake over and leave it for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking, leave it to cool for a minute or two before serving.
- Enjoy it with a side of candied fruits or icing!
How To Reheat Funnel Cake In A Deep Fryer?
I feel as if this is the most ideal way to reheat your funnel cake. Not only does it get crispier than before, but it also gets juicier! Be careful though as the hot oil can burn you. Follow these simple steps so you can get the best results without burning your cake to a crisp:
- Preheat your deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Thereafter place your funnel cake into the frying basket and slowly lower it into the hot oil.
- Leave it to fry for around 30-60 seconds.
- Once it begins to brown and crisp, take it out of the fryer with a pair of tongs.
- Place it over a paper towel to drain any excess oil and leave it to cool. Thereafter you can serve your funnel cake with a bit of powdered sugar.
How To Reheat Funnel Cake In A Toaster Oven?
Finally, we’ve reached the most efficient and perfect way of reheating your funnel cakes. It’s quick, easy to do, and needs no effort whatsoever. Aside from that, your cake is reheated to the core in a matter of minutes! Simply follow these steps to get the best possible results:
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Wrap your funnel cake in aluminum foil and place it in your toaster oven over an oven-safe tray.
- Proceed to heat your funnel cake for 3-5 minutes and check on it occasionally.
- Once it’s warm and crispy enough, take it out and leave it to cool for 1-2 minutes. Then serve it with a gracious helping of chocolate icing!
Average Time and Temperature for Preheating Funnel Cake!
How To Store Funnel Cake For The Purpose Of Reheating?
It’s quite simple. Just ensure that you leave your cake to cool to room temperature before storing it. Then, separate whatever toppings you have on your funnel cake and place it in another container. Thereafter you may place your funnel cake and toppings into airtight containers. Make sure these containers are clean and dry. Proceed to leave them in a refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. However, if you want to store it for longer, you can leave it in a freezer for up to 2-3 months.
How To Keep Your Funnel Cake From Getting Soggy?
Easy, just ensure that you properly reheat your funnel cake and store it away properly. This means that it needs to be placed in a dry space, inside an airtight container. This prevents any unnecessary moisture from getting into your cake. Moreover, make sure that you keep your cake in a dry space even when you’re reheating it. Ideally, you would follow the same steps to reheat your funnel cake in a toaster oven. This gives some of the best results since your cake isn’t soggy instead it’s fluffy and warm.
How Long Can You Keep Funnel Cake Batter?
Normally, it isn’t a good idea to store funnel cake batter for too long since it’s prone to going bad. However, if you had to store it, I’d say that you can leave it in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Can Funnel Cake Batter Be Refrigerated?
Yes, it can, however, it isn’t recommended.
Do Funnel Cakes Get Soggy?
If it isn’t stored in the proper conditions or reheated properly, yes it does get soggy. Just follow the steps mentioned before to prevent it from getting soggy.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat Funnel Cake?
In my opinion, I would say that using a toaster oven is the most ideal way to reheat your funnel cakes. Not only does it give your funnel cake a crispy texture, but it heats it to the core too! Its juices are warmed giving it the perfect taste. So conclusively, heating it in a toaster oven is the best way to reheat your funnel cakes.